23 de jul. de 2010

I'm through

Hoje peguei meu livro Ariel, da Sylvia Plath e deixei no sofá. Não sei porque, mas quis deixá-lo lá. E agora, sob forte inspiração e plágio, uso-a para fazer o meu poema.


You do not, you do not do
Any more, black shoe
In which I have lived like a foot
For twenty-four years, poor and white,
Barely daring to breathe or Achoo

Grandma, uncle, aunt, cousin, I have had to kill you.
You died before I had time -
Marble-heavy, a bag full of God
Ghastly statue with one grey toe
Big as a Frisco seal

...

Not God but a swastika
So black no sky could speak through.

...

You stand atthe blackboard, grandma, uncle, aunt, cousin,
In the picture I have of you
...
But no less a devil for that, no not

...

If I've killed one man, I've killed two -
The vampire who said he was you
And drank my blood for a year,
Seven years, if you want to know.
Grandma, uncle, aunt, cousin, you can lie back now.

There's a stake in your fat black heart
And the villagers never liked you.
They are dancing and stamping on you.
They always knew it was you.
Grandma, uncle, aunt, cousin, you bastard(s), I'm through.

Nenhum comentário: